CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Well Well

Am I blue? 17% of Texan voted yesterday or in early voting as I did. Kinda of sad but if you are a numbers person really great because you weren't even expecting that. Those Republicans got out there and put Prop 2 in force, which in my opinion is wrong. All people deserve equal and true rights. Not some for them and none for them - that is just wrong. If we don't start trying to turn things around (not just on issues like this one, but others as well) we are going to be looking at another four years with the next puppet Karl Rove picks. Yesterday someone sent me this link: http://www.afsc.org/iraq/movie.htm - it is all too sad and too familiar, especially for me. My son is still not right and probably never will be - still has bad dreams, bad days, the slightest thing can set him off, all because of what he saw and what he had to do over there. We need peace soon people. If you watch the video and sign the petition, thank you. If you don't, well that is what America is all about, your opinion and mine. If you don't like mine, you can tell me so or you can just ignore me. It up to you - because that is what being free and equal is all about.

To STB - Thanks for being such a great person!! You Rock!!!

That's all for now. Peace to you my blogger friends.

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

What a powerful movie. Thanks for putting the link up on your blog. I was glad to sign the petition.

It's devastating to think about all the lives that have been lost and continue to be lost. Unthinkable, really.

Peace to your family.
Stephanie

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Mel said...

I am so sorry for your son is going through. There are many families going through this or in mourning. I never have understood this war, and I never will. I hope they all come home soon. Hang in there stranger friend!

 
At 3:08 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

DD....

You are the one who rocks. As does your son.

Thanks for this post. I hope many people read, watch and sign.

STB

 
At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GWB would be proud of a post like this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home