CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Monday, October 03, 2005

Larry

I wrote that great post about getting to know me and then I just up and left. My step father, Larry, passed away early last Tuesday morning. My sister and I left work and went straight to my Mom's where I have been for the past week helping her get through this and helping my grandmother move in with her. We had so much to do.

It is funny how death can bring out the best in some and the worst in others. I have three sisters, one older who is a step sister and two younger half-sisters (I have a very weird family tree). The older sister is not a part of this but the two younger ones are. One is great and was right there with me helping out in everyway, the other, the youngest - well let's just say she is the bad one. Example, we had an estate sale to sell a lot of the items my grandmother had accumlated over the years so that she would not have to take that much to move with my mom. Well the youngest she not only tried to take a lot of it but she tried to borrow the money we made (over $2,000) from my grandma and my mom and she would have gotten it had it not been for me and my other sister. Now I love her cause she is my sister but by the end of five days with her I was ready to take her out. Everything said somehow manages to revert back to her and her so sad life. It was awful - my mom would ask the simpliest question (how are you) and I would answer I am hanging in there how about you and there she goes - oh I can't believe he is gone, what are you going to do mom, what I am going to do - and on and on. thank goodness she is moving back to Kansas where she won't be able to suck my Grandma and my Mom dry.

Enough about her - sorry needed to vent a little. A week of that and believe me you would too. Everything went well for my Mother - we had a small memorial for Larry (he was not big on funerals and did not want one). Everyone has been great. Several people from my work - on my floor - sent a beautiful plant and my boss and his wife did as well. They are so nice - and my mother was so touched. She loves to grow things so these gestures meant alot. My good friends - they sent her a lovely bouquet of flowers and she loved them as well. My mother is a strong woman and with her close by we will always be checking on her and my grandma. Once they settled in to their new life - I am sure they will be two partying old ladies - living live to the fullest which is what Larry would want.

To all my blogger friends - if you read my blog you know about Larry and I appreciate more than I can ever say here how much your kind words mean to me. I will be back soon - take care all - remember to tell those you love and care about - that you do love and care about them - because you never know when you might lose them - peace to y'all.

4 Comments:

At 3:09 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

DD

You've had a lot on your plate of late so I hope you have some time to just be. You're mother and grandmother are lucky to have you around! We're lucky to have you around as well.

STB

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know from my own experience that after my mother died, there's not too much that anyone can say that can actually make it better. Certainly nothing that will make sense of it all.

With that said there are people out there praying for you and sending you and your family many many blessings.

Stephanie

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

So sorry for your loss :(
many prayers and hugs
Love
Dianna

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Spider Girl said...

My sympathies to you and your family.

What you say is very true--make sure you tell the ones you love that you do.

I lost 3 dear people I wasn't expecting to in the last couple years, and I'm so sorry I had fallen out of touch with one of them because I don't know, maybe it would have made a difference. :(

Anyway, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog too. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home