CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Monday, August 29, 2005

Messy

Why are people at work so messy. I figure either they are neat freaks at home, and being messy at work it a way to break loose or else they really pigs at home. I would not say I am a neat freak (my house is not spotless, but it is fairly clean). I keep my desk at work in a neat workable order. We have two coffee bars on our floor with fridges, coffee machine, coke and ice machines. Also a copier and all that goes with that. I don't understand how one can take what is the last cup of coffee and instead of either starting a new pot or turning the burner off, they just put the pot back on the burner with just enough coffee for the bottom of a coffee cup. They must assume coffee is just magically made. Now because I sit close to one of the coffee bars, I am always the first to smell the pot burning. I go and remove and clean it up and start a new pot even though I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning. I just don't get it... Just like I don't get how some can put food in the fridge and then totally forget about it. I get here super early (645 a.m. when most don't arrive until 830 or later) so when I go to put my little lunch in the fridge - I spend a good 5-10 minutes trying to figure out what is going bad and get rid of it so that my food will not smell funny when I go to eat it at lunch. I just don't get it. Would it take too much people to start a new pot of coffee or turn the burner off and would it take too much to take your bad food out of the fridge?? It just makes me wonder what kind of home you keep. It's Monday and I am a whining but dang people come on. What set me off this morning - someone changed the ink in the copy machine and spilled it everywhere and didn't bother to clean it up so the letter I was making a copy got covered in the crap and I had to re-print, get re-signed (and explain to the boss why) and then get myself and the copy area and copier cleaned up. YUCK. THIS MONDAY SUCKS....... Okay I will get off my soapbox now and get back to the job at hand. Peace People!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM , Blogger Pete said...

You should take a photo of it...perhaps start a blog of disgusting people's habits and then send an email around congratulating the office that they got onto this blog.

Or find out who's lunch it is and leave it on their desk with a little picture of a piggy.....leave and come back at 8.30.....no one will ever know....he he he......the perfect crime.

 
At 5:39 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

I used to be amazed. Now I'm just disgusted.

I say, hide the coffee and post a one day only rule in the frig. If it is there at the end of the day...it gets tossed.

But what do I know?

Hey, it's Tuesday!

STB

 
At 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home