CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Break

I took a day off work today - to decompress. I have had so much stress in just the last few days that my body just could not hang anymore. My step father is doing the best he can as are we - they should have him stable enough to begin radiation treatment by the end of this week. The outlook however is very slim. But we continue to pray and hope. Our faith and our hope is kinda all we got right now that and each other. I have been very lucky to have many stranger friends (as Rosie calls them) who are praying and thinking of me and my family. The kindness of strangers is remarkable and so appreciated - words can't even say. Thank you so much - it means a lot to me.

I do have good news - this site can't just dwell on the bad. Josh passed his entrance exam and will begin school on September 2nd. He is suppose to go today to find out about getting his GI money to pay for it all. About time his service in this stupid war he fought paid him back. I just hope that this is the beginning of new things for him.

Today while I was cleaning - (something I have ignored since my life went to shit for little bit), I tripped and fell on my big butt. Did it hurt you bet, but while I was crying - I just started laughing. My dogs thought I was going crazy - I sat there on the floor in my hallway crying and laughing - why - crying cause it hurt - laughing? Who the hell knows why - because I can feel pain. Because despite all the shit it seems this world has to offer sometimes - I am still here. Falling on your ass - you would think it would be life affirming - but you know what for me it was. Peace to all my blogger friends - I hope you don't mind if I call you that - reading the different blogs I read - I have come to know some really great people - and that makes me happy. Have a great day - blog with you soon :)

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Blogger Pete said...

I'm glad to hear that you can larf about it all.....that's really healthy.

Stranger friends can sometimes do the world of good.

Chin up and keep going.

Pete

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Hey DD...I loved that visual. You on the floor, laughing and crying. It says it all. So delighted to hear the good news for and about your son. Hope this is just the beginning of a turn around for him (and of course for your daughter as well now that she is back at school!)

Hope the rest of the week has many bright spots!

STB

 
At 3:17 AM , Blogger Playground In My Mind said...

I am sending a prayer up for your FIL. God bless. Baby steps. Keep moving forward. hugs, Renee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home