CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Monday, August 22, 2005

Life

The last few days have been very hard for me. My step father was diagnosed on Thursday with a large brain tumor. He is in the hospital and they are trying to stabilize his blood pressure and the swelling on the brain that the tumor has caused. They hope by the end of the week to begin chemo or radiation. I am very worried about my mother - the last time she had to deal with death this close to her (i.e. a husband) was when my father died when I was 3 months old (he had a massive heart attack in front of her) - my grandma says she did not deal well then and I am afraid she will not do well know. After my father died she married another who i have always considered my father because he raised me. they got divorced when I turned 18. She met Larry a few years later and has been with him ever since. He is a great man and he cares not only about her but about all of us. My kids call him grandpa and he is just the best. So we are praying that he will be all right - but we are also preparing for the worse. If you read my blog, please keep him in your prayers. I would appreciate it.

Next, I had to move my daughter up to school. Yes she got her shit together and got everything straighten out to go to school. The loan money is on its way and we keep our fingers crossed that she will do good this semester. Because if she doesn't she will be going to school from the house, which is not what she wants to do.

My son takes his entrance exam today - so keep your fingers crossed. If he does well - he will start school after Labor Day and in five months will be working for the fire department.

My husband and I are back at semi empty nest syndrome. Depending on the day our son may or may not be at home. It is kinda lonely, the kids buffered when we would get on each other's nerves. Thank goodness we have two dogs to do that - and a big enough house to go to opposite ends. I miss having kids in the house. Perhaps one day one of my kids will give me some grandkids. Have a great day bloggers. Peace!!

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Peace!



STB

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I will definitely add your step father to my prayers.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

Keeping your step father and your mother in my prayers :( Such a sad thing
God bless
Dianna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home