CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weekend Wrap

A day late but Mondays always bite for me. Friday night we took a couple of friends to one of my favorite places, La Mexicana. Love the food, the drinks and the place in general. My husband and I go there all the time. It's a place where you can take your time to eat, drink and have good conversation without feeling like you are being pushed out the door after you finish your meal. We spent probably 2-3 hours there. Margaritas, nachos, chips & salsa, shared plates of fajitas, all good. Love it. Saturday we went to a birthday party for a family member. The party had a 60's theme and all were dressed for the same. It was a hoot to see some older women (70's and 80's) in bell bottoms and go go boots. Fun was had by all - they rented out some little bar/pub (Bubba's) and had it all decorated for the times. Now I was only a little girl in the 60's but we sure did have a fun time. Sunday we spent recouping from all the drinking done on Friday and Saturday. Also spent cleaning and cooking and other usual Sunday wind downs.

7 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Nice weekend! Where is La Mexicana...I'm sure I've been there!

STB

Thunder and rain here!

 
At 5:49 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Of course I've been there! I drive by it at least twice a week if not more. Amazing what we don't see because we've seen it!

Maria Selma on Richmond is pretty good for Mexican as well and they are nice there also. I use to love El Pueblito on Richmond but it has become way to hip and trendy...and too crowded!

Later....

STB

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger dixiedarling said...

oh I don't like it when they get all hip and trendy - the food losses out. I will have try Maria Selma - thanks for the tip!!!

 
At 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Dixie. The Yuppies ruin everything. They drove up the price of fajitas and Coronas just by making them popular! Yeesh!

Joni (too lazy to register tonight!)

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

Very nice of you to stop by my place.
I'm bookmarking you so I can keep up with your doings.
BTW...re: bell peppers...
first..green peppers are just that GREEN, as in NOT RIPE. If peeled they are easier to digest, but they are still GREEN. I love peppers, but only red, orange or yellow and ONLY peeled.
RQM

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Hey DD

Hope you have a good weekend!

STB

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

Sounds like you had a fine weekend. I love Mexican restaurants better than any other...Chips and salsa immediately...Love that. Yummy food and margaritas! YUM. I just got hungry for chips and salsa...Thanks for that! LOL

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home