CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Famous

Ever notice how famous people get free crap? Take this Live8 Concert that just took place, all kinds of companies were there giving away free crap to the stars! These are people who can afford to buy all this shit to begin with. Doesn't it make sense that instead of giving this stuff to them to make a donation to the cause. I don't understand the famous. They don't hesitate to stand up for a cause and say donate your hard earned money, but give me my free crap. Hell now they even get companies to sponsor their birthday parties and weddings. The only ones who deserve to be called truly famous are those who put their wallets where their mouths are. You make 350 million a year - spare a million for the cause you are asking me to support. Donate the money generated from one of your concerts or a percentage from the money you will make on your latest movie. Of course, there are those that are the exception. They freely give their money and time, no strings attached. I support what Live8 was trying to get across (awareness) - I signed the petition. I believe in what is trying to be done. What I don't think is right is to show us and talk to us about children dying in proverty every three seconds while you are backstage picking up your A-list goodie bag worth $1,000's when that money could have been put to the cause. I don't get it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home