CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Friday, June 24, 2005

Comfort

A good friend of mine lost her brother this week. She is a great person and I know she is going through a tough time. I offer her this poem which I have read many times and always brings me a little comfort when I see it:

IMMORTALITY by Robert Hepburn
Do not stand on my grave and weep...
I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft starshine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry...
I am not there.
I did not die.

To my friend Joni, my thoughts are with you. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home