CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Friday, April 29, 2005

Another day, another dollar

Paydays just suck. When you work with those who have more than you and they talk about how their check (which mind you is sometimes over $10,000 for 2wks) is not enough, and I think that check would take care of so many of my bills it is not even funny. Here comes my little check and it goes as fast as it came - daughter in college - son living at home again - husband who does not have a clue about what it takes to make ends meet - all wanting something - and me so wanting to make them happy - give them everything they ask for - will figure out how to pay for it later - well it is later now. I just hate when they ask and you have to say I just don't know if we can afford it right now and then there comes this face and I end up saying yes. I just would once like for them to know how it is to have to pay bills and know that you are cutting it so close to make ends meet. It sucks.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM , Blogger Joni Mueller said...

I'll never forget the time a few years ago (well, more than a few!) when the Firm decided not to pay their annual country club dues any more. Oh, the humanities! (Oh, the huge manetees!)

The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued. They got no more than a disgusted eye roll from me. Gee, what a concept: Paying your OWN bills. I've been doing that all my adult life.

Just remember this, girlfriend: Poverty is the one thing money can't buy! ;-P

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger dixiedarling said...

AMEN Joni!!! Since we work at the same place - I know exactly what you are talking about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home