CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

5 Things I Miss About Being A Kid

I saw this over at http://afloweredpurse.blogspot.com and thought I would play.

5 Things I Miss About Being a Kid/Child:

1. Summer Vacation (it sucks not being able to do that anymore)
2. Watching cartoons on Saturday morning (anyone remember H.R. Puff n Stuff, Josie & the Pussycats, Scooby, Land of the Lost or the Banana Splits??)
3. No worries, no bills (no house note, car note, my biggest worry was how was I going to get my homework done, clean my room, and play outside all at the same time, only the adults watched the news and they took care of everything) (Mom and Dad - they took care of you and I miss that - Now I have to take care of my children and somedays I just want to run home to my Mama)
4. Playing (just getting up during the summer and taking off for the day - not coming home until your mom or dad came looking for ya)
5. School (what the hell - but yeah I miss school, not the work mind you, but the socializing and hanging with all your buddies. I miss going to football games with the Drill Team on a Friday night; I miss learning for some of the best teachers - Ms. Surlock (drama) Mr. Stafford (History), Ms. Fiddler (English) )

While I can't do some of these things anymore (I have bills and worry about everything and no more Summer vacations for me) I do still try and get up and watch cartoons on Saturday morning although they are not the same. I do still play too, just not with the same toys as back then. Instead of barbies and easy bake oven - I play online games.

What do you miss about your childhood?

2 Comments:

At 8:31 AM , Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

Hi! thanks for visiting my blog!! I love your list! WAHHHH Lets resort back to being children!! I miss vacations now, I have never taken my kids on one at all. I cant wait to visit your blog again!
Love
dianna

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

I miss making mud pies, building tree forts, hunting for blackberries, leaving cookies out for Santa, thinking that my parents are perfect and all people are good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home