CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Better

I am back and feeling better. I had to take some time and re-group, that and I had to get back in to my work routine. My Mom is doing good, her and my Grandma are getting used to living with each other again. They are looking to what different things they can do as a couple of hip older ladies.

I have been having to drive to and from work for a couple of weeks (my husband is working in Beaumont everyday trying to help re-build that city) - needless to say I hate it. Traffic in Houston while not as bad some other cities, just plain sucks. In the early morning (5;30 a.m.) you would think people would be a little nicer but no they are just as rude at that time as they are in afternoon. People cut you off almost hit you - it is scary. Now I am driving a big ole truck but still. I was in an accident several years ago where a trailer-truck side swiped me and my husband on my side of the truck. I was taken to the hospital and everything - so I am a little timid when I drive but I am learning how to be agressive (be agressive b-e agressive) and I always smile and wave at people who get pissed off at me - it makes them madder.

Can everyone say GO STROS - wouldn't it be nice if they could go all the way!!! We can only hope.

Good news - my son started a job!!! HOORAY - of course he is not happy with it but you know what it is a job and hopefully he will get used to it and start to get back into life. He has been so much (Iraq - enough said) and been so out of it since he came home that I hope this brings him around.

I'm off - gotta go buy a birthday present for my niece who turns 18 today. Also have to go comfort my sister who is not dealing very well with the fact that she has a daughter that old - going to go drinks some margaritas at La Mexicana!!!

Peace to y'all - have a good one!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:01 PM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

DD
Glad things are getting back to what works! I was going to say normal, but what the hell is that!

It's fun seeing the Astros pull themselves into a winning team!

Glad things are perking up and hope you had a ball with the 'rita's!

STB

Go Astros!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

ohhh there is nothing that can't be cured by margaritas :)

thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cheers!

Julie

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Spider Girl said...

I should probably be a LITTLE more agressive when I drive, but on the other hand I still think there's a lot to be said for the Kinder- Gentler-Sunday-Afternoon School of Driving. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home