CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Busy Bee


I am so sorry it has taken so long to post. Between not being able to post from work anymore, and fighting with my kids for time on the computer, I just gave up. In order to post now I have to get up before everyone here and come in and write in secret.

I have not done a whole or had a whole lot going on to write about. The war still goes on that we seem to hear less and less about everyday. My son still can't find work much less himself still trying to deal with all that he went through and still being stubborn about seeking help. The folks up at the big white house still don't have a clue. People up there quit and they replace them with folks from Fox News. It seems people are more interested in the Cruise baby, has Brangelia gotten married, Denise and Heather. I have to admit when I need a good get away from it all - I catch up with all them too. Until we can do something about the folks on capital hill - we seem to be stuck. I still voice my opinion, and I am getting ready to vote vote vote but until the time comes it seems like all we can do is wait and hope that we are still a people ready to make a change for the better.

While away - I went with my in-laws to the valley. My mother in law made a promise that if my son came home from the war she would take him to a certain church in the valley to give thanks. Well since my father in law can't see all that well anymore, we agreed to go with them with my husband doing most of the driving. Now let me tell you there is nothing like being in the car for 5-6 hours with my husband, my son and my father in law. My mother in law has it down - she nows how to tune them all out. My father in law can be for lack of a better expression a pain. We are driving he is back seat driving, asking all kinds of crazy questions, i.e. are you hungry (we are just down the block from the house), anyone need to stop (we aren't even out of Houston yet), are you sure you're not hungry, on and on and on. My son, so moody trying to be nice but I can see the strain puts on his headphones to which my father in law starts dancing to his music (no he can't hear it). Then he starts in on hubby and me. I pull out the Nano and put it on and start reading. I read two 400+ page books in those two days. We get there I say let's find a nice mexican place to eat (I want a drink!) and father in law says let's eat at Luby's!!! Hey we are in a new city I haven't been down here before and I am going to eat at Luby's - well you bet that is where I ate - by now anywhere that served us fast so I could go to my room would be great....

The next morning we got up and went to the church. It is a beautiful church - a little commercialized but pretty. You have to buy their candles to light and the holy water comes out of a faucet in the front of the church - an they sell pint, 1/2 gallon and gallon jugs to fill up - for real... We took my son in and had him blessed (I told him see you didn't catch on fire when they put holy water on you - you are still a good boy at heart - I hope he believed me). They blessed the people and then we went to the room a miracles which is where you go to leave something or pray for something. We left a picture of my son in his uniform. It is interesting to see so many people whose faith is that strong. They would not let us take pictures in there. A picture of the church is at the top. After the church we headed back home and I have never been so glad to be home after a trip. I love my in-laws but the trip my father in law wants to take to California in an RV - I DONT THINK SO....

I have to go now as the people in the house are waking up. I still keep up with you my cyber friends.... Take care and peace....

Here is a picture for Spring - - -



My husband grew these..... aren't they pretty???

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Blogger Mel said...

Actually it sounds like alot is going on! I know what you mean about the people in the white house, I think we all feel so powerless at this point. All I can say is I am never voting for anyone associated with this administration. Actually I never voted for him anyway. I hope your son finds a job soon...the job market is tough now too.

Hope to see you around more!! I have my own computer or I would never have any time!

 
At 5:15 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Hey DD!
Glad you gave us another glimpse. I can just picture you father in law!

Thanks for stopping by my place as often as you do. Your comments are always appreciated!

STB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home