CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday Tuesday

Yesterday was Monday Monday and I was so busy that I didn't have time to write. Mondays are the worst here - everyone on the other side (well we do it too) sends out their stuff on Friday afternoon after 5:00 p.m. therefore we don't get it until first thing Monday morning - discovery, pleadings, the caboodle - it is one big pain. I get here early so I usually have everything copied and given out and have started on it by the time others start arriving. Because I get here early, and because I try for the most part to keep most of my live outside the office mine, when others start coming in all I hear about on Monday is everything great they did over the weekend. What did I do - nothing. I did not go out and drink until I puked, I did not go out and bang everything with legs - I did not go to the game - I did not buy a new beamer, no I did nothing - I cooked, I cleaned - I went out to dinner - I took care of my son who was in a wreck - but you know after hearing the things some of this people did - I have no life to talk about - s0 I don't - and because this is a legal domain - you don't talk about things going on in the world, religion and politics are all big no no's here. So that leaves only talking about TV shows and sex - which gets done on a grand scale here.

However - worse than this is - a co-worker who sits close (not right next to me but close) - is sick - all day long yesterday they were coughing, sniffling, sneezing - the works. Some of us offered cough drops, drugs anything we could - did they stay home today - no they are back and the cough, etc. is worse than ever - what's worse is that they are coughing so hard they are making some of us cough as well - so we are taking our drugs and such so we don't get sick. Then they finally tell everyone they are going to the doctor today - but not until late this afternoon - which means plenty of time for them to continue to spill their germs everywhere - now - I do not have a germophobia - but when someone is coughing like they are fixing to spew out a lung - ya kinda get a little sick yourself. So I am washing my hands - and tomorrow when I get here all early before everyone else - the person in the space right next to sicker than a dog has a large can of lysol which I will be spraying over all our areas including theirs - just in case!!! Now I can understand not wanting to miss work but come on - you are sick - you have almost 30 years here which means you have like a ton of days - use one please!! Funniest thing of all - is while they are coughing everywhere - they keep saying I really don't feel bad - I actually feel pretty good - maybe it was all the liquor I had this weekend!!

Peace y'all - Have a good one!!

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM , Blogger sttropezbutler said...

By the way....bug was in my last unscramble to comment!

STB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home