CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

4 Years Ago

Four years ago today, my son, age 20, marched across a desert for what he was not sure. There were no weapons found, some where found and tried, and yet we are still there.

My son did two tours of duty. He came home a different person. Less trusting, overly aggressive, so wary of all and only 24. He saw so many things, bad things and good things, although the bad things are the ones that have stuck. He had to do things that everyday he now struggles with - he understands he had to do what he had to do to protect himself and those in his group, but that does not lessen what he had to do.

I fully support the troops - but more than anything I want our troops to come home. So many lives have been lost forever. I mourn their loss. I too have lost because while I have my son back, he is not the same young man with great ideas that left four years ago today. I know I am not the only one with this issue, I have met several other parents who children are different since returning.

I wish and hope that they all come home soon. Pray for a soldier today... and pray for peace as well...

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger Jaded said...

Welcome back to the blog world, and welcome home to your son. He will remain in my prayers.

I support our troops 100%, but, at some point the Iraqis need to take responsibility for themselves. It's time to let them fly on their own and bring our troops home and focus on the problems right here at home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home