CaliforniaBelle

California born mom livin life as a Southern Belle

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I go back to work after a two month absence. I have been in and out of the hospital for a month of those two months. First they thought it was pneumonia then bronchitis. Turned out to be a pulmonary embolism and a blood clot in my lower right leg. I spent a week receiving blood thinners by IV and then a week after coming home I went right back because they made my blood too thin. They thicken it (plasma transfusions - 6 units) and then put a small filter in a vein in my right lung to catch any blood clots that might make it up there. I will go back on blood thinners sometime this month and be on them for the rest of my life. Turns out through several different blood tests (I looked like a human pin cushion for a while - bruises are still healing) that I have a genetic factor that makes me more prone to get blood thinners and since I was on a hormone pill - well there you go.. I am glad this ordeal is over and my life is getting back to normal (whatever that is). The nurses in the hospital were great - there were a couple who weren't but the good ones more than made up for it. The food was awful and the days and nights were long. It is a very lonely place to be in the hospital. It is just you in your little room - especially if on bed rest (which I was part of the time) - during the day not very many visitors because well people work - the only people I saw during the day were the nurses and a nun and priest who came by. In the evening you have a lot of visitors but they have to go home and because you are on bed rest the middle of the night is just as lonely as the middle of the day. When I was allowed to get out of bed and walk I would walk by other rooms and wave to people and say hi just to make some of them smile. Made me feel better too. There is a lot more and I will tell some of it over the next few entries. But I am glad to be back. I have missed my blog and missed reading others. Thanks and Peace!!

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM , Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

I get pains in my legs alot and I always always fear a blood clot, I haven't a clue why.
Those are so dangerous and I am so glad to read that you are okay
Hugs
love
dianna

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger Mel said...

You know I bet we were in the hospital for blood clots at the same time almost (I was in for a week in early aug.)Luckily I havent had the problems with the blood thinners like you have had! I am thinking about ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home